Fast, Fun And Easy Christmas Decorating Ideas
Decorating your home for the holidays doesn't have to be stressful or expensive. It's one of the most popular times of the year to decorate, include your family, and have fun making your home beautiful for the holiday season.
Here are 15 Christmas decorating ideas:
- Show your favorite Christmas collectables. If you don't have a collection, now it is the best time to start! My son and I collect nutcrackers and every year we have a lot of fun choosing the right nutcracker. With permanent marker I write the year at the bottom of the nutcracker. We not only like to look at the nutcrackers on vacation, but also the fond memories of the selection.
- Make simple bows out of Christmas ribbons and pin them on the curtains. This is a very charming look.
- Decorate your houseplants by hanging small Christmas decorations on them.
- Put a collection of Christmas books on your coffee table.
- Fill a glass container with pine cones and Christmas balls and set it on a shelf or table.
- Wrap the stair railing with Christmas lights, garlands, and bows for indoor use.
- To make your whole home smell, tie 5-6 cinnamon sticks together with a Christmas ribbon in a bundle. Gather as many packages as you want and place them in baskets or bowls around your home.
- To decorate your table, tie the Christmas ribbon to the stems of glasses and / or cutlery handles.
- Decorate your chairs, tie Christmas bows around the chair so that the bow is on the back of the chair that makes more beautiful.
- Use a small brush or cotton swab to paint the edges of the pine cones with shiny gold craft paint. After the pineapples have dried, place them in a decorative basket.
- Add Christmas wreaths to door, window and mirror frames. You can tape the garland to the surfaces.
- Tie bows around doorknobs with festive, colorful Christmas ribbon.
- Place Christmas garlands and bows on your candle holder. You can also weave threads of red pearls into the garland that hangs from your chandelier, which reflects light and adds shine.
- If you live in a milder climate decorate with amaryllis plants that come in red and white, grow tall, and look very beautiful
- Don't forget to decorate the mantelpiece and hang the Christmas stockings. Some ideas for decorating the mantelpiece include adding garlands, different styles and sizes of Santa Claus, teddy bears, and candles. You can also display your favorite nativity scene if you have a large enough mantelpiece.
Get creative with your mantelpiece because most mantels are the focal point during the holiday season. Another idea for decorating the mantelpiece is to buy a bunch of miniature rosemary trees in the shape of Christmas trees, add miniature ornaments to them, and line them up along the fireplace. These miniature rosemary trees are available during the holidays and come in festive containers.
Christmas decorations are a great time to create traditions and spend quality time with your family. Get some snacks and drinks and have a little "decoration party" that your family will love and look forward to year after year.