Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings is one of the most successful franchises in the history of cinema. Frodo, the owner of a powerful ring that could destroy humanity, so he decides to destroy a jewel with the help of some friends. The journey won several awards and collected impressive box office tickets around the world.
Let's check some curiosities about the triology:
- In the first movie, when Gandalf arrives at Bilbo's house, he hits a forehead on a block of wood on the ceiling. The moment was not proposed and Ian McKellen continued a scene as if nothing had happened.
- Viggo Mortensen, the Aragorn, made his action scenes and did not want a stuntman and he also used a real sword at the scenes.
- John Rhys-Davies, the Gimli, despite playing a dwarf was one of the tallest actors behind the scenes.
- Cast members from ‘The Fellowship of the Ring‘, including Elijah Wood, Orlando Bloom, and Viggo Mortensen, had the number nine in Elvish tattooed onto them after filming had ended.
- The three films were shot in New Zealand and received 17 Oscars. The Return of the King was one of the record holders of the award, won 11 categories in 2004, recorded only by Titanic and Ben-Hur.
- The Hobbiton Movie Set in New Zealand, the home of the hobbits, makes it a tourist spot after the movie.